2.2.14

CNY


Vintage Jacket, Uniqlo Jeans, T by Alexander Wang sweatshirt, Charles & Keith boots

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!
Despite my lack of Chinese ethnicity (I'm Indonesian), my family always seem to love celebrating the Lunar New Year. It may or may not have to do with the fact that we love Chinese food - it's definitely an understatement to say that we like our fair share of dim sum and noodles. 
I spent my Saturday in Soho and Chinatown with my mum for magazine shopping at Wardour News (this place is seriously unbeatable) and a little wandering. As much as I adore Chinatown, I don't think I could ever handle the Chinese New Year paradxe, it was far too crowded even a day before the event! To my dismay, we had to skip asian food shopping because the queues everywhere were just way too long. I may have been a little disappointed that I missed out on Hello Pandas but my new magazines make up for the lack of biscuits. If I had the time, I would spend hours and hours at Wardour News - the shelves are filled with endless amounts of high end fashion magazines and indie zines. After a long half an hour of deciding, I ended up choosing I love Fake and Lula. Both magazines are filled with amazing and completely different editorials; I can already predict that I will waste a lot of homework time flicking through these instead.  
Today I continued the CNY festivities with a family dim sum lunch today. I seriously reckon I could live off ha kau - so. good. Looks like I'll be spending the rest of the day nursing a serious food baby. 
Hope you've all enjoyed your weekend! Happy Chinese New Year to those celebrating, or just using it as an excuse to stuff yourselves silly with dim sum. 
P.S. Sorry for crappy outfit photos - rushed iPhone photos are kinda what I'm dependant on at the moment. I need to start getting my DSLR out again! Hopefully I'll have a proper outfit post soon featuring my favourite fur vest and patent-toe boots :-) 



14 comments:

  1. ah love these pictures! you are so so cute, really love your outfit, that shirt is so rad! i'm going to dim sum next week (so late haha but hey it's better than never)! happy new year :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mary! happy new year to you too! there is never a wrong time to have dim sum so definitely better late than never :-)

      Delete
  2. cute pictures, the food looks so good! love both the jackets <3
    thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been stalking your blog after your comment on mine. I have to say I love your style, and your pics are fabulous. So now we are following each other, ;P
    xx.

    http://joanasstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! You look amazing and maaaan I love Chinese food. I need to visit Chinatown again soon! xxo

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Bookmarked your blog! Xoxo

    Www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What warms my heart is when people of different backgrounds/cultures come together to celebrate one as a whole. I think it's amazing. But I'm super glad you had fun, probably moreso than me haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Chinese Year! Love you look. The Uniqlo jeans are so gorgeous!

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos x
    www.whateveryazmine.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous jacket!

    x Yana
    http://daisysuns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous of all the magazines where you live! I've always wanted to peruse through Frankie, haha. :'( In love with your vest!

    xo, Isabelle

    http://lost-but-not-found.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the cutest pictures! I live in Manchester and I've never even been to Chinatown, I think I'm missing out it looks so pretty!

    Lucy x

    http://lucy-jane-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh you're missing out! it's the nicest at night with all the laterns out x

      Delete
  12. These pictures look so nice! I love your jacket and jeans! You can't go wrong with black jeans. I hope you have a wonderful day xxx

    yecrad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Search

Loading...